November 29, 2014
Logan County Courthouse
315 Main Street, Suite 3
Sterling, CO 80751
Hours 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F Excluding Legal Holidays
Recording/Election Fax: (970) 522-2063
Motor Vehicle Dept. Fax: (970) 526-5384
Like us on Face Book!
General Information Photocopy of recorded document: $.25 per page
Certification of a document: $1.00 per document certified
Photocopy of Marriage License: $.25 per page
Certified copy Marriage License: $1.25
Land Survey or Recorded plat copies: $6.50
Photocopies must be paid for before processing.
Recording fees for the State of Colorado are $11.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each page thereafter. Fees for plats, surveys, UCC’s Federal Tax Liens and Release of Federal Tax Liens, Mining Claims and Torrens documents are unchanged due to Colorado Revised Statutes already in place setting the fees for those types of documents C.R.S. (38-25-105(iv)96)
General Recording: Documents up to 8 1/2″x 14″ $11.00 for the first page and $5 for each additional page.
Oversized pages, Plats (larger than 8 1/2″x 14″) $10.00 per oversized page + $1 per document surcharge.
Documents must be paid for before being recorded.
Document recording information back to 1997 may be viewed. In order to view images of recorded documents, a $300.00 month subscription may be purchased.
We accept e-recording! Contact the office for information. Documents shall be recorded in the order they are received, either physically or electronically. All documents received on any business day after 4:00 p.m. will be processed in the order they are received on the next business day. For more info contact the Clerk’s office.
LOGAN COUNTY IS ONE OF THE COLORADO COUNTIES THAT HAS LAND IN THE TORRENS SYSTEM (Please contact our office if you have questions)
Recorded Plat: $10 + $1 per document surcharge, multiple page plats $10.00 per sheet plus $1.00 per document surcharge.
Colorado Secretary of State
Central Filing Officer
Standard UCC 1 and UCC 3 Forms (regardless of the size of the page): One or two pages $10 + $1 per document surcharge UCC Continuations, Releases, Terminations, Amendments: One or two pages $10 + $1 per document surcharge
Three or more pages $15 + $1 per document surcharge per C.R.S. 4-9-525.
Department of Motor Vehicles
Service fee of 2.25% applies plus $.75 per transaction for credit card and $1.00 per transaction for electronic check.
- Click here for information on home-made trailer requirements and title requirements
- Find Mobile Home Forms Here
- More Information on Vehicle RegistrationIn Colorado, a one month grace period is given for all renewals. (Example: If your plates expire in February, you have until the last working day in March to renew your plates.) Beginning June 1, 2009 – mandatory late fees will be collected starting after the one month grace period for every month past the grace period on your vehicle up to a maximum of $100.00. This fee is in addition to standard renewal fees.If transferring a Colorado title to your name without a lien, a new title may be printed. The person whose name is on the title that is being transferred to must be present with a photo ID Note: Secure and verifiable Identification will be required.Our office will be happy to give an estimate on your plate cost. Required information will be the year, make and model of the vehicle (a VIN # would get the estimate closer.) However, this is only an estimate. Without the actual title work we are unable to give the exact amount. Any estimate given (exact or not) will change if we go into a new month, because the ownership tax is charged from the date of purchase until you plate the vehicle, based on the value and year of the vehicle. Proof of insurance is required for every transaction, whether for permit or registration. Colorado requires that all registered vehicles operating on Colorado roads be properly insured. Effective July 1, 1999, all owners of Tax Class C (passenger, motor home, and motorcycle) will be required to provide proof of insurance for the vehicle prior to vehicle registration/renewal. Effective May 12, 2000, owners of Tax Class B vehicles (including light trucks and SUV’s) must show proof of insurance before registering vehicles. This does not change the fact that all motor vehicle types must have insurance coverage.
Voter Registration & Information
Qualifications for Registration-preregistration:
1. Every person who is eighteen years of age or older on the date of the next election and who has the following qualifications is entitled to register to vote at all elections:
a. The person is a citizen of the United States.
b. The person has resided in this state twenty-two days immediately prior to the election at which the person intends to vote.
2. (a) (i) notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, upon satisfactory proof of age, every person who is otherwise qualified to register and is sixteen years of age or older but will not have reached eighteen years of age by the date of the next election may preregister and update his or her preregistered information by any means authorized in this article for persons eighteen years of age or older. Upon reaching eighteen years of age, the person is automatically registered.
How to register for the first time in Colorado:
Up to 22 days prior to the election:
°Through a Voter Registration Drive (VRD)
Up to 8 days prior to the Election;
°On line at www.govotecolorado.com
°Through the mail
°Through a Voter Registration Agency
°At a Local Driver’s License Examination Facility
Any time in-person during which registration is permitted including Election Day.
Appearing in-person at the Elector’s County Clerk and Recorder’s Office.
Appearing in-person at any Voter Service & Polling Center in the County (only
applicable in even year November elections)
Check your Voter Registration & Mail-in Ballot Status
How to update voter information (change address, name, party affiliation):
In person at the County Clerk & Recorder’s Office
At a Driver’s License Office
At a Voter Registration Agency (Human Services Office, WIC Office, Disability Office)
At a Voter Service & Polling Center through Election Day
Voter Registration Drives (VRD)
On line at www.govotecolorado.com
2014 General Election Information:
Check here for unofficial election results: http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CO/Logan/53374/index.html
The General Election will be held November 4, 2014 and will be an automatic mail ballot delivery election in accordance with Colorado Revised Statues Title 1 Election law. Ballots will be mailed to all active registered voters the week of October 14 – October 17, 2014.
November 4, 2014 General Election
Walk-in Location to drop-off a voted ballot or replace a ballot is:
Voting Service and Polling Center
Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office
315 Main Street Suite 3
Sterling, CO 80751
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 25, 2014
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 1, 2014
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Voter Service and Polling Centers will provide the following services:
- The ability to register to vote
- The ability for an elector to update his or her address;
- The ability for an elector to change his or her name;
- Voting booths;
- Original and replacement ballots for distribution;
- Mail ballots for eligible electors who request them;
- The ability to accept mail ballots that are deposited by electors;
- The ability to cast a ballot (In-person voting); by either paper or a direct recording electronic voting machine.
- The ability of a person to cast a provisional ballot.
Additional Voter Service and Polling Centers Open Election Day Only:
Logan County Heritage Center Logan County Extension Office
821 N. Division Avenue 508 S. 10th Avenue
Sterling, CO 80751 Sterling, CO 80751
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
2014 Write-In Candidates
When voting for a write-In candidate, completely fill in the box provided to the left of the word “Write-In” and write the name of the candidate on the line provided.
The following individuals are certified write-in candidates for the 2014 General Election Ballot:
United States Senator
Kathleen Rosewater Cunningham
Marcus Giavanni/Joshua Yballa
Marriage License Information